Old 07-05-2004, 12:08 AM
how

Default how does this work?

"Ann in Houston" wrote in message
. com...
much snippage
Now, having stumbled through all that, don't you think it would be
relatively easy to build something like this for under a hundred dollars?

Hi,
Have used this type of system for years and it works. You are correct that
it can be made for much less money. I don't see how all the 'mud' could be
removed using this particular setup although lots of it would be. In reality
only a complete removel of the stones would get it all.
Our system http://pondworld.com/filter.html has the water pumped to the
bottom of the plant filter where it is released through slotted PVC pipes
which were cut on a double bladed radial arm saw. We do them as needed. To
clean the PF we use our own system which connects another pump to the
opposite end of the slotted PVC and we inject clean water though the gravel
from the top.
The PF on the pond at our site is large but the same thing is easily built
for smaller setups.

hth -_- how
to reply remember no NEWS is good