Old 07-05-2004, 12:09 AM
anne

Default Time to start moving tomatoes outdoors?

Pam Moore wrote in message
On Thu, 6 May 2004 13:55:30 +0100, "David W.E. Roberts"
wrote:

The last frosts are well gone

Are you sure? Here in Bristol area we havein the past had frosts in
first week of June. I don't feel safe till then. Meanwhile my tomato
plants go out by day and in at night. (no greenhouse)
Last year a neighbour put 2 doz tomato plants out on his allotment at
the end of May and went off on holiday. One night's frost killed the
lot!

Pam in Bristol

I wait until late April before planting tomato seeds, they are then ready
for putting outdoors in early June. I see tomato plants (outdoor varieties)
for sale as early as March and wonder why.