Old 07-05-2004, 04:02 AM
Grandpa

Default Roses.whats mine telling me?

Thanks! I'm in Albuquerque (Zone 7)and we definately have alkaline soil
here. The flowers are beautful and abundant, just the leaes that don't
look too good.

Sed5555 wrote:

We've 10 different types of roses in out backyard...one of them has many of

its leaves turning yelloe to white.

It could be iron chlorosis, which is common in roses. It results from the
plant's inability to absorb iron (more prevelant in alkaline soil). This
particular rose may be more susceptible than your other roses. Chelated iron
can be applied as a foliar spray for quick results or added to the soil for a
longer lasting effective.
sed5555