Old 07-05-2004, 05:03 AM
Sue Walsh

Default Plant Swap Solution

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message ...
"Sue Walsh" wrote in message
om...
joe wrote in message

Would you have ads automatically go away after a given period say 5

days, or
would the poster be responsible for that. I guess the issue is you don't
want some advertising something they no longer have.

Could you possibly clear ALL ads say at the end of each month or on
the 1st & 15th of each month? Then we would be starting new once or
twice a month. It would also mean a person looking for something
would not have too much to look through. Just a thought.

Each ad will have an auto-expire date which will default to 30 days. The
poster can extend this, if (s)he chooses.

The whole idea sounds great to me, I'm always looking for new plants
and having other stuff would just add to the appeal.

Sue W

Would this be for all types of 'other' plants or just 'water garden'
plants? A compromise could be if 1/2 of each swap had to be a 'water
garden' plant. For example: If I need a water lily but have no other
'water garden' plant to trade I could then offer an 'other' such as a
passionvine. But if I was looking for passionvine, I would have to
offer a 'water garden' plant in trade. In that way 1/2 of the trade
was pond related. Just a thought, we are a pond group. One the flip
side, of my brain, is the thought that we also need 'other' plants to
put around the outside of our ponds, so do we really want to limit it
to 'water garden' plants? Oh well, this is how my life goes, just
can't make up my mind!!

I intend to make this for ANY type of item or service, not just pond plants.
So if you want to post pumps, filters, etc. I plant to categorize the posts
as "wants" and "haves", and then categorize like we do on
www.iheartmypond.com. So you could peruse by category, or just use the
search engine.
snip

BV.