Old 07-05-2004, 10:05 AM
Nick Wagg

Default ants everywhere!

"FF" wrote in message
On Tue, 04 May 2004 15:55:19 +0100, flower faerie wrote:

Sacha wrote:

flower faerie4/5/04 3:10

Hello

I have lots of ant hills appearing all over my lawn. I prefer not to
mow the lawn too short but want to try and get the ants to live
somewhere else like in the flower borders. Also I dont want to put

down
ant powder.

any ideas?

ff

Some people say that using a powder like Vim or Ajax sprinkled over the

area
will work. Now I'm wondering if such things are still made!

I don't really want to spread chemicals around the place. I'd rather
live with them! I was hoping somebody knew of a natural deterrent or
something that the little loves hate so much they pack their bags and
migrate next door

I'm getting deja vu here. I thought we did ants last weekg

Mine have responded very well to plain boiled water (well, boiling,

actually). I pour
it down the cracks in the patio every few days. You can see little heaps

of debris
where they've had to evacuate their colonies, so those are the entrances

you pour the
next lot of boiling water into.

Boiling water tends to kill a lawn.
--