Old 07-05-2004, 10:05 AM
Alastair

Default Time to start moving tomatoes outdoors?

Pam Moore wrote in message . ..
On Thu, 6 May 2004 13:55:30 +0100, "David W.E. Roberts"
wrote:

The last frosts are well gone

Are you sure? Here in Bristol area we havein the past had frosts in
first week of June. I don't feel safe till then. Meanwhile my tomato
plants go out by day and in at night. (no greenhouse)
Last year a neighbour put 2 doz tomato plants out on his allotment at
the end of May and went off on holiday. One night's frost killed the
lot!

Pam in Bristol

Cripes, Mine have been out for the last week or so!! (NW London
suburbs)
Don't think we've had any frosts, but I think there might have been a
bit of hail during the week.. (
They are now sheltering under the bench to protect from any more hail.
They haven't died but there are little brown spots on the leaves. I am
guessing that's where they got a whack with a hailstone.....

Fingers crossed they are OK

Alastair