Old 07-05-2004, 11:02 AM
Craig Watts

Default Planted potatoes early, they still haven't sprouted.

Well, any thoughts/advice you guys have would be helpful. Thanks!

FWIW - Commercial potatoes are sprayed with a growth deterant. They do
NOT want the potatoes to shoot sprouts. This would make them not
sale-able. However, I do hear a lot of people planting them and
getting results. If you raelly want to grow potatoes go to your local
hardware store or seed store. They usually have "in-stock" what needs
to be currently planted.

What zone are you in? I'm in North Carolina and my potatoes (new reds
and White) are about 18" high and ready to start flowering.

Good luck.

Craig