Old 07-05-2004, 11:42 AM
Jim[_1_] Jim[_1_] is offline
Registered User

Location: West Mids
Default How Do You Prevent Moss Re-occurring?

Quote:
Originally posted by tuin man

"Jim" wrote in message
s.com...
I've just pressure washed moss from a tarmac tennis court now I need to
prevent it from coming back. Suggestions include Jeyes Fluid, Jeyes
Path Patio and Drive, Armatillox and Bleach. Anyone know which is best
and how often I need to apply? Court is shady, often damp and
surrounded by trees which obviously I can't do anything about.
Also, any tips on best long-term remover of weeds between
slabs....tried most - but problem always returns in little time. Many
thanks.
--
Jim

Having checked out the product I mentioned yesterday, here is the info.

In so far as I can make out, the product is called Fungo, made by DAX (who
ever they are)

The £5.99 price tag must have been put on with super glue and currently
obscures the products name along with another word beneath it.... which has
only 3 letters that are not covered my the tag, ... & presuming the label
placement was not intended to say something... those 3 letters are CON

It's a 250ml bottle. Yellow label on what looks like a white yop (yoghurt
drink) bottle

Makes up to 25 litres .... treats ups to 62.5 square meters.

I did not get it at homebase as I had earlier thought. It was at a GC, North
west London

It refers to itself as a "Moss Killer...
Kills & stops moss, algae, lichen.
Ideal for use on paths, roofs, patios, tennis courts, walls, garden
furniture, greenhouses and conservatories.
Also for growths from damp & condensation on many interior hard surfaces.
Kills, cleans & protects all in one go. Results can last over 2 years"
The small print refers to secondary use as a decorators fungicidal wash. A
little harsh on decorators, but I think I know what they mean.

It contains (15%w/w 170/litre) Sodium Dichlorophen.
HSE no. 4768 (refers to product use, just added it for any who like detail.)

It doesn't mention lawns, but I wouldn't recommend that (-:

Patrick