Old 07-05-2004, 01:05 PM
shazzbat

Default Assistance for faster compost please

"Becca" wrote in message
m...
(Cinnamon) wrote in message

om...
(Laser6328) wrote in message
Another thing to add to speed up the composting is COKE! I remember

reading
about it in Organic Gardening a few years back. I don't know if it is

the
carbonization, the sugar, or the phosphoric acid. I find that it does

heat the
pile up. I also add stale beer. Don't limit your compost collecting

to only
solids. Fishtank water is good as are many of the liquids we pour

down the
drain.

Ed

What about Mtn Dew, coffee, OJ, and/or milk?

Cinnamon L - Cincinnati OH

I think the Dew, Coffee and OJ would all be fine. I'd worry about the
smell of the milk though it would obviously decompose in a compost
heap.

Everything in a compost heap is decomposing. That's what makes it compost.
But in the garden and mixed with the other compost, it's not going to smell
bad like you spilt the milk in the boot of the car.

Steve