Old 07-05-2004, 01:08 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default OT - hiding email details on newsgroups

The message
from "RichardS" noaccess@invalid contains these words:

You might also want to add a signature to your posts containing a munged
email address so that folks genuinely wanting to email you are able to do so
(that is entirely a personal preference though). It seems to work - I don't
recall getting any spam addressed to my email contained within my sig.

Actually, it isn't a personal preference - AUP dictates that you should
include in any post a way of replying to it by e-mail.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/