Old 07-05-2004, 02:02 PM
J Fortuna

Default Question for Al or Ray !

"Al" wrote in message
news [snip]
Perhaps the author
is trying to say something like, 'if you have a humidifier on during the

day
turn it off in late afternoon so conditions ripe for fungus/bacterial
problems can not develop when the sun goes down and/or the lights go off

and
cause the air to cool and moisture to settle out of it and onto plant
parts."

Al,
We have a humidifier running on high both day and night in our apartment --
is this a mistake? I am reluctant to turn the humidifier off at all right
now, since the cochleanthes bud is so much closer to actually producing a
flower this time and it seems to need lots of humidity to do so, however I
wouldn't want to endanger my orchids and make fungus more likely. Should I
adjust what I am doing or not?
Thanks,
Joanna

"Kenni Judd" wrote in message
I'm not Al or Ray, but ... ours live with what Mother Nature gives

them.
--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

"PhalGuy" wrote in message
s.com...
Hello AL ! or Ray !

I have read in many books and on the monreal botanical garden that the
relative humidity for orchids like Phal, Paph, Onc should be at around

70%
during the day and 40 % at night!

Is this true? Do you do this or do you maintain the same percentage of

RH
all the time?

Thanks

Claude

PS: AL, I`m very jalous of your greenhouses ! Can I go work for you!

:-)