Old 07-05-2004, 04:02 PM
Phisherman

Default Help With Rosemary

On 7 May 2004 06:42:19 -0700, (styxx374) wrote:

I have trouble trying to keep rosemary alive. I know it's a tender
perennial, but last year I tried putting it in a pot and bringing it
inside, and it still didn't make it. I live in zone 6 and generally
keep the pot in an east window.

Any tips for keeping rosemary in a pot? How often does it need to be
watered? What kind of lighting do they like?

Thanks!
Jennifer

I started 7 rosemary cuttings in 2003 spring. Two of these "made it,"
and now they are about 1.5 feet tall. When established, they prefer
full sun (at least 6 hours per day) and fairly dry and hot conditions.
I found it easier to plant them outdoors (I'm in zone 7) than in a
pot Feed sparingly with well-diluted fish emulsion, and only when
actively growing. I have two rosemary plants that I'm keeping
trimmed to grow like small Christmas trees. In a pot, make sure they
drain quickly and do not let the pot rest in water for more than an
hour. You might be "too caring" of a person.