Old 07-05-2004, 04:02 PM
Ann in Houston

Default how does this work?

Thanks, I thought that was what I was seeing. Still, the part you
explained was what was bugging me - that, and the price. I didn't realize
that they were relying on the water falling down out of the rocks to the
pipes, where it could run into the chamber. I made the mistake of thinking
it doubled as a clean out and settling chamber.
Anyway, I still think a drain is the way to go, after all. I have a
unique advantage in that we have that drain already in place right behind
the spot where this will be. If you read my drain post, tell me if it makes
sense to you. I am very encouraged by it.
Ann

"Sean Dinh" wrote in message
You are right, in that the water do indeed come from the opposite end of

the hub. I
saw that diagram and thought that the end was not capped, letting the

water to flow
up too.

Ann in Houston wrote:

No, if you'll look again, I think you'll see that the supply hose goes

into
the free end of the slotted pipe and then the water percolates up

through
the rock like a common old septic field.