Old 07-05-2004, 06:08 PM
Franz Heymann

Default Woodlice in Pots

"Vicky" wrote in message

I frequently talk nonsense and I appreciate it when people tell me
when I talk nonsense. I don't consider that rude at all.

I felt that the phrasing of your questins sounded rude.

There was only one question in the note of which you complain. It was
the following:

"Are you sure you know what a woodlouse is?"

I don't consider that in the least rude.

If that is the case, you have a damp problem in your house.
Have you had a look under the floorboards?
I ask once again whether you are sure you are talking about

woodlice.
Your story makes me wonder if you have an infestation of

cockroaches.

I *know* what a woodlouse looks like. Having lived abroad for a

while where
we had to lay cockroach bait because we had the bl**dy things

everywhere, I
also know the difference between a cockie and a woodie and I'd

rather face a
tiny, non-flying woodie any day.

I am glad to know that you know the difference between those two.

And I really *really* do not have any damp in my house. The

floorboards
have been lifted to prove this fact. If I had any damp, there would

be
signs other than woodies. I've lived in a damp house and know the
difference.

I will continue to put down nippon by my doors.

D'ya know I'm now becoming obsessed to the point that I'm thinking

of
conducting an experiment by catching some woodies and seeing what I

can get
them to eat. And I shall look into putting slug pellets around my

soft
fruit in the future. Unless you think I might be confusing what a
woodlouse looks like in comparison to a slug! :-)

Franz