Old 07-05-2004, 06:09 PM
Franz Heymann

Default bokashi - A Japanese composting method. (in May RHS mag)

"Rodger Whitlock" wrote in message
On Thu, 6 May 2004 10:41:03 +0100, Amber Ormerod wrote:

Has anyone come across Bokashi which is suposedly very good for

food waste
and limits smells. And its suposed to be quick.

I did find a site about it http://www.livingsoil.co.uk/ but then

real
peoples experiences tend to be more useful I find.

A caution: it's all very well to think "ooooh, a Japanese
non-smelly composting method", but don't forget that climate
plays a role -- and the hot, wet, near-tropical Japanese summer
is a far cry from cloudy England. To say nothing of the question,
what kind of food wastes are being composted?

Also: I find that whenever some maven starts touting this or that
wonderful ethnic food, composting method, interior decoration
style, take your pick it turns out to be, if you will excuse the
expression, a crock of shit. Usually the hoopla over these things
proves to be nothing but a journalistic gimmick to sell more
magazines or books.

So go into this with your eyes open and your b.s. detectors set
to "highly sensitive".

I agree entirely with your whole post.

Franz