Old 07-05-2004, 07:06 PM
Amber Ormerod

Default bokashi - A Japanese composting method. (in May RHS mag)

"Janet Baraclough.." wrote in message
The message
from "Amber Ormerod" contains these words:

I don't have the physical strength to turn compost.

Turning speeds the process, but it isn't essential. If you don't turn
the heap, it works just as well if a little slower.

I was kinda thinking that might be the case so we got two of the bay
composters to take that into consideration. We had fridge problems after
moving in September and so have been throwing alot of veggies away and I
think this has had an effect like filling the wormery very quickly and ment
there is more food waste in the compost than there would normally be. (hence
worried about the smell and weight. I turned the grass/leaf heap ok)