Old 07-05-2004, 07:07 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default bokashi - A Japanese composting method. (in May RHS mag)

In article ,
Martin Brown wrote:

Some people object to the food that I am cooking for myself on the
grounds that it is too smelly! Bombay duck - lovely, let's have
a panful - and I had some wonderful small squid in Spain that had
been sun-dried (fermenting the while) and were then deep-fried :-)

If you like those have you tried "Nattou"? Japanese fermented soya
beans. Think of baked beans in Evo-stick smelling like your dustbin - it
tastes better than it smells but most people don't get that far.

No. I am unlikely to go back to Japan again in the near future,
but will see if I can get some to try. They sound just like my sort
of thing :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.