Old 07-05-2004, 09:06 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Fungicide for botrytis on grape vine

The message
from Howard Neil contains these words:

Has anyone any suggestions for a suitable fungicide for botrytis on a
grape vine, please?

My vines are in a polytunnel and suffer from botrytis each year. I
understand that the time to spray them is when in flower, which is now.
Unfortunately, all the treatments mentioned in my books seem to have
been withdrawn from sale and I cannot find one that is indicated for
this mould.

Bordeaux mixture. You can make it from lime and copper sulphate if you
can't get it. Proportions aren't critical.

I think Murphy's Dinacap (Dinocap? Dynacap?) treats botrytis.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/