Old 07-05-2004, 10:05 PM
kate

Default Hibiscus and Scabiosa

junkyardcat wrote:

My Hibiscus was flowering nicely for a few weeks, but now there aren't any
blooms, or even any buds on it. Is it done for the year already? I thought
they bloomed all Summer.

Also....I bought a Scabiosa (aka Pincushion flowers) about 3 weeks ago. It
was full of blooms. Put it in the ground and it bloomed for maybe a
week...now there aren't any blooms or buds on it either! I thought they
bloomed all Summer too! Am I wrong?

Thanks for your expertise
Angie

I'm growing Scabiosa from seed (Olympia mix) and my notes say that it
takes 90-110 days to flower and sucessive plantings every 2-3 weeks
until mid summer will give the best quality flowers and pods. Other than
that, I have no idea what they do and will be reading other responses
with great interest.

Kate