Old 08-05-2004, 12:14 AM
David Hill

Default Plant id please

Isn't that typical, I remember the name and come on to post it and Sacha has
got there first.

Strange thing is that the books say Centradenia needs a min of 13C but I
have had a couple growing quite happily in a cold glasshouse.
I find that it is one of those plants that develop a better leaf colour as
the temp. reduces in the Autumn, and whilst its chief flowering period seems
to be August onwards, I seem to have the odd flower on mine all year round.
I am just wondering if the old variety is tougher than the newer hybrid.
Just checking with my old "Bible", and it says a min winter temp of 50f, and
it lists 3 varieties of Centradenia, C.Grandiflolia,
C.Floribunda and C.inaequilateralis.
Also says flowers last well when cut.

-
David Hill