Old 08-05-2004, 01:04 AM
Bert

Default Bamboo near my pond...ideas please

Kathy,

It depends. If the concrete pad is 6" thick then the bamboo should not
bother it.

If the distance from the bamboo to the pond liner is less than the rated
height then your liner is safe. If it is less than the height and the
variety is a phyllostachys then the bamboo will probably puncture your pond
liner. Rhyzomes are indeterminate in length and will continue to grow for 3
years or more and can extend a length from the grove the height of the
tallest culm.

HTH

--
Bert Silverman
MidAtlantic Bamboo.com

"WilsonKKW" wrote in message

If the soil aroung the pond is well drained then the bamboo will survive

if
you select a variety for you climate.

What type of pond?

what type??? lol expensive.LOL

there is soil around and under pond plastic liner for the pond itself. but

6''
flagstone patio around pond.
Are you sayind bamboo roots my crack my patio?
==Kathy.