Old 08-05-2004, 07:02 AM
gregpresley

Default Grasses for sandy, southern coastal plains??

Centipede grass is another grass recommended for poor sandy soils. It
doesn't develop the unsightly seed heads of most of the other southern
grasses, and needs little in the way of fertilizers, etc.
"Mike LaMana" fake@MikeatHeartwoodConsultingdotnet wrote in message
All:

Recommendations for grasses to plant in a sandy, acidic pine-barrens soil?
Something that take the doughtiness of the nearly pure sand soil. pH can

be
handled with lime so I am not concerned. I know that there are cv's out

for
this sort of application. I am wondering if folks with experience in this
environment ( MA - FL costal sites) have any experiences to share. I sure
would like to avoid trucking in top-soil just to grow grass!

Thanks

--
Mike LaMana, MS
Heartwood Consulting Services, LLC