Old 08-05-2004, 10:16 AM
Graham Dixon

Default Compost Bin/White Fly

You will always get flies in your bin - they are part of the natural
process - their larvae help break wastye down - much the same way as worms.
This isn't to say that they are not a bloody nuiscance (Flies in the
ontment - so to speak) - I control them with spiders - Every time i see one
of the large hunting spiders (You know - the ones that frighten you to death
as they unexpectedly 'scuttle' across the carpet when you are laid back
watching the telly) I catch them (They're harmless tu people) - the garage
and shed are great places for them. I then put them in my compost bins -
it's a bit like having a 'Fast Food Joint' for spiders.

Graham

"3 Score +" wrote in message
I obtained a compost bin about 3 months ago. I now find I have a lot of
white fly therein.(plus vegetation) Should I use a spray to clear the

white
flies or let them be ?

---