Old 08-05-2004, 10:16 AM
David Rance

Default Fungicide for botrytis on grape vine

On Sat, 8 May 2004, Howard Neil wrote:

David Hill wrote:
I'd have thought that Mildew would also be a problem for grapes in a poly
tunnel.
Again Bordeaux Mixture should work, but you must start spraying BEFORE any
signs of trouble, it will help prevent, but won't cure.

My intention is to start spraying within the next week. How frequently
should I repeat the spraying, please?

Every ten days to a fortnight. I always spray with a mixture of bordeaux
and Dithane. One takes care of downy mildew and the other powdery
mildew. Both these mildews can attack at any time and you can lose the
whole crop.

| Internet: | writing from |
| Fidonet: David Rance 2:252/110 | Caversham, |
| BBS:
telnet://mesnil.demon.co.uk | Reading, UK |