Old 08-05-2004, 01:10 PM
David Rance

Default Fungicide for botrytis on grape vine

On Sat, 8 May 2004, Howard Neil wrote:

Instead there seems to be greater emphasis on cleanliness of the
soil and the vine, i.e. don't leave any dead leaves around. My advice
would be to remove the polytunnel when the grapes are approaching
ripeness because it is then that they are most prone to botrytis
developing.

This is not an option. The polytunnel is 65ft x 17ft and the poly is
correctly stretched and anchored under the ground. There would also be
an issue with other plants in the polytunnel.

Then I wish you luck! A polytunnel is not the ideal situation for
growing grapes needing, as they do, fresh air to circulate around them.
Vines have been grown under glass in Britain very successfully, but
there are always ventilators to allow fresh air to circulate freely.

If you have greater success this year do let me know as I would be very
interested.

| Internet: | writing from |
| Fidonet: David Rance 2:252/110 | Caversham, |
| BBS:
telnet://mesnil.demon.co.uk | Reading, UK |