Old 08-05-2004, 04:10 PM
martin

Default Mushrooms in my lawn.....

On Sat, 08 May 2004 14:20:02 GMT, "Cereus-validus"
wrote:

"martin" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 8 May 2004 12:00:48 +0100, "David W.E. Roberts"
wrote:

"martin" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 8 May 2004 11:07:55 +0100, Kate Morgan
wrote:

My other half picked some mushrooms from our garden yesterday and

ate
them, said they were very good

When is the wake? :-) or perhaps :-((( ?

Isn't May a little early for wild mushrooms?

I dunno, we always have them this time of the year and hubby is fine,
cutting the lawn as I speak :-)

Aren't they fungii, rather than mushrooms?

No, Fungi is a dolphin which lives off the coast by the Dingle in

Southern
Ireland

no? shirley the fact that some Irish ignoramus Seamus has confused a
dolphin for a fungus is irrelevant?

For the pedants: Isn't it a bit early for Agaricus campestris and
Agaricus arvensis?

There is no such thing as a mushroom season.

The fruiting bodies can appear at any time the conditions are favorable.

Except the season is dictated by when the conditions are favourable
normally late summer for horse mushrooms in N Yorks.