Old 08-05-2004, 10:08 PM
Kate Morgan

Default grounds for divorce

I find his behaviour very strange indeed: but you married him, so I
suppose he can't be a complete swine. You could always annually
destroy something _he_ likes, of course. Have you tried asking him to
put off the cut until, say, July, when things have had a chance to
seed? This is common enough practice for wild-flower collections. I
assume you want the nettles for wildlife habitat; if not, perhaps you
could compromise by getting the nettles out (a long tough job) and
leaving the more flowery things.

Mike.

No he is not a complete swine, he is very nice and kind really just not
a gardener, he always goes at things with great energy and as we have a
great deal of grass to cut he just goes into overdrive and I get upset
when I see stuff getting chopped, yes the nettles were for the wildlife
and tomorrow when I cool off I will try and explain more fully what I
want to preserve. I do feel like trashing summat in his workshop but
have not done it - yet :-)

kate