Old 09-05-2004, 12:03 AM
Brian

Default To straighten or not to straighten

A newly planted tree always deserves and needs support for several years.
Use a stake at about 4' away from the stem~~ Hammered in well at about 45
degrees. Fix with a good 'elastic' tie when upright. Inner tubes make the
best ties.
Best Wishes. Brian.
"Duane" wrote in message
om...
And if so, how? I planted a 12' live oak a few months ago and it has
become obvious it is kind of off kilter. Maybe it was straight while
still strapped to the pole it came from the nursery with, or maybe I
was crosseyed that day. The tree appears to have settled in nicely and
has sprouted lots of nice new leaves. Anyway, my options a dig up
the root ball again and try to shift the whole thing, strap it back to
a pole (came with a length of stout bamboo) for a while, or let it go.
Will it tend to grow straight over time, I wonder?

- Duane with a leaning oak