Old 09-05-2004, 02:03 AM
John Savage

Default Indoor herb garden

"Phil Williamson" writes:
Now we're talking! I was planning on taking a shelf from the bookcase and
putting some 30 watt tubes in there. Problem with those things are is that
the max intensity of the tubes drops off after a few inches away. Sounds
like the CF's are doing the trick nicely for you. Maybe I could some how
rig my shelf so has a few CF bulbs at different heights for each of the
herbs.

If you are going to use ordinary tubular fluro lights, they need to be
adjustable in height so that they can be maintained almost touching the
foliage of the plants. I learnt this from discussions on other newsgroups
and have not tried it myself. I expect similar thing would apply to CFs.

Or you can place the plants on a stand of adjustable height, whichever is
easier to built.