Old 09-05-2004, 03:06 AM
escapee

Default large eggs in soil

Those are fertilizer prills which slowly release nutrients into the otherwise
bland potting mix.

On 8 May 2004 15:50:13 -0700, (Jen) opined:

Hello,

I have a gardenia plant indoors. It's about a year and a half old.
It started to get yellow leaves so I repotted with fresh potting soil
it into a larger terracotta pot.(I think my husband was overwatering
it). Now the leaves are drooping but are green. i went to take a
look today and noticed several very large round spherical eggs in the
soil!!! I don't think they're soil gnats or anything because each egg
is almost as big as a pencil eraser and whiteish yellow! My husband
popped one with a pen and it was semi hard and filled with liquid. We
don't know what to do and can't figure out what these things are!
Thank you very very much for your help!