Old 09-05-2004, 03:06 AM
Joe

Default Lily of the Valley

On Sat, 08 May 2004 21:06:26 GMT, wrote:

What is your opinion of Lily of the Valley? A local garden center said it
was recommended that they not sell them as they are so invasive.

Thanks!

We had quite a few of them under a maple.
The soil was very rich and humusy from compost etc.
Those particular ones spread a few inches a year.
They were very nice though.

We are now in a different house with a bigger yard.
There was a bed along the parking lane that at one time was larger
than it is now.
The previous owners paved asphalt over part of it.
Yes......the lily-of-the-valley have pushed thru the asphalt.

That piece of asphalt just may have to go.

Joe
Ontario