Old 09-05-2004, 05:05 AM
CC

Default wet/dry vac to clean pond bottom?

Actually, I just bought a $99 wet/dry PUMP vac from Costco. It works great.
As you clean the pond it pumps the water back out by attaching a garden hose
to it. Great invention.
The only thing is that my new Kois really like to come and check out the
action. They sit there in formation by the sucking nozzle and they look like
they are in a trance. I actually moved one of them (usually very shy) with
my hand, as if he was a paperweight or something. Very odd behavior. Very
cute too.

"O3raledale" wrote in message
Hello all,
Year two here with my little 6x4 pond, and there is a layer of mud, leaves

and
assorted goo in the bottom of the pond. Can I stick a wet/dry vac hose in

the
bottom of the pond then turn the vac on and suck up the muck? I figured if

raised the hose out of the pond before I turned off the moter I wouldn't

have a
back wash problem. Will this work? Your thoughts?
Thanks,
Pat