Old 09-05-2004, 05:05 AM
Trish Brown

Default White tail spider bite ulceration and necrotic lesions

What annteresting post!

In my own experience, nothing touches aloe vera gel for reducing sunburn. It's
also good for hives and other hurties that don't break the skin. Something stops
me from applying it to open wounds, but I couldn't say why - LOL! It just seems
'yucky'!

Regarding the spider: my old Entomology lecturer taught us that 'All spiders can
and will bite you if provoked. It just depends on whether you have a specific
response to the proteins in the spider venom. You may suffer necrotising
arachnidism or you may not. Best not to allow *any* spider to bite you, then you
can be sure!'

I had been in the habit of picking up Huntsman spiders in my bare hands. I
stopped doing that after I heard the professor's advice! If you look at the size
of the phangs on a Huntsman, I'm sure you'll agree: it's not really a great idea
to play with them!

--
Trish {|:-}
Newcastle, NSW, Australia