Old 09-05-2004, 06:03 AM
susan

Default coffee grounds?

I just put coffee grounds, filter and all, in the composter.

Susan Harvey

"Compostman" wrote in message ...
I get about 15 pounds of coffee grounds a day from a nearby Starbucks. I
put some directly around plants and add most of it to the compost pile.
Either way works great.
------------------------------
John Wheeler
Washington, DC
USDA Zone 7
"Karen Zack" wrote in message
Hi folks,
I've gotten a couple of bags of coffee grounds from Starbucks, but am
not quite sure how to use them in my garden. I don't have a lot of
stuff planted yet, just strawberries, potatoes, a couple of artichokes,
and some red onions and red cabbage that aren't quite done yet. There
are several beds with favas that I'm going to turn into the soil, and
several others just sitting empty.

What's the best thing to do with the coffee grounds?

Thanks,
karen