Old 09-05-2004, 08:04 AM
gary davis

Default Chemicals?? Was ants everywhere

On 5/7/04 9:42 PM, in article , "Franz
Heymann" wrote:

"Janet Baraclough.." wrote in
message ...
The message
from "Franz Heymann" contains

these words:

These "natural" ways of controlling the local
balance of nature are mostly hyped up codswallop.

You're talking nonsense again Franz...you did say you wanted to be
reminded when it happens :-)

Janet, I may have exaggerated a little for the sake of the effect, as
is my wont, but I do believe that the principle of what I said is
correct. The real point is that the balance desired by a gardener is
only rarely the balance nature would achieve if left to itself. I,
too, was once a keen young supporter of organic methods. After many
years of "good practice", the penny dropped: In spite of me doing my
best to nurture the friendly insects and the birds, my garden usually
suffered worse from pest infestations than those of friends who
gardened the traditional way, namely, to poison the unwanted
freebooters.

Franz

Hi Franz
Yes, Franz...if I'm going to kill the little bugs (the SOB's) myself I'd
like a lot of noise....something that goes along with my anger and
frustration?
Dynamite! Yes, dynamite! That will kill the little *******s....oh it
felt so good saying that...*******s!
Well, as far as the dynamite goes...well I don't use it. It creates a
big hole that I have to fill in later. More work that I don't need.
The worst part about using dynamite, besides the hole, is that it won't
solve the problem.
Hang onto your good practice. It will be worth it, eventually. It does
take time and there are some frustrations along the way. Nothing worthwhile
happens easily or overnight.
You say your friends have had better success than you in growing stuff?
Are we talking flowers? Vegetables? Trees?
What are you growing?
Are the plants you want to grow needing sun/shade? Do they need
nitrogen/phosphates/potashes or other minerals-trace? Just what minerals do
they require?
Drainage? Do they have good drainage? Do they have bad drainage? Who
knows what they need. I don't. Do you? If you know, and if it is a
vegetable, I may be able to relate. If it is a flower(s), maybe someone else
can relate. Either way I will do my best to help. I want you to 'beat your
friends"....the Jones's! Keeping up with them has always been a problem for
many of us until...
Gary
Fort Langley, BC
Canada