Old 09-05-2004, 09:07 AM
Jane Ransom

Default OT - hiding email details on newsgroups

In article , gary davis
writes
Vicky
Thanks for asking this question...I too needed to know how and I think I
have changed my address so that I have accomplished just that.

Unfortunately, you never know, when you make up an email address,
whether or not there actually is some poor person with that address in
which case they will get all the spam directed at you!!!!!!
Once your address has been harvested, this exercise will be pointless
unless you change your email address - and remember to tell all your
friends.

Better still, email Jon Green and ask for a deadspam account. If you
want Jon Green's email to get a valid 'hidden' address I'll try
and hunt it out for you.

PSS: Have I been successful??? Anyone?

You certainly seem to have been. Now just hope that there is no poor sod
on the internet with that as hisher actual address ((((((((((
--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.