Old 09-05-2004, 05:05 PM
Michael Lee

Default When do the fry get color

Remydog wrote:

I have several babies in my mixed pond (koi and goldfish). They were
born last summer and the bigger ones are over 3 inches, closer to 4.
They are still mostly black (goldfish, I'm told, though several look
more like koi). Some have begun to develop light and dark patterns on
the scales and others have some shimmer to the upper part of their
bodies, but I'm wondering when to expect they will begin to truly show
their colors?

Thanks.

I have had them turn at 1/2 inch, 1 inch, 2 inches, and one we had for
three years finally turn (we called him the 'Stealth Fish') just be
patient.