Old 09-05-2004, 07:41 PM
netstudio netstudio is offline
Registered User

Location: carmarthenshire
Default ??Greenhouse??

Quote:
Originally posted by Kay Easton
In article m,
netstudio writes

Why don't you *-remove-* the link to attach files/picture if you don't
want any

You have in fact posted this to a newsgroup, not to a web site - you
may think you have posted to gardenbanter, but gardenbanter has then
forwarded your post to uk.rec.gardening, which is a newsgroup, and
nothing at all to do with gardenbanter, which has merely set up a link
to it as a way of increasing its apparent content.

Newsgroups are not the same as websites, and it is the convention that
pictures can be posted only to those few groups which specifically allow
them, as Tumbleweed says. It's not something peculiar to
uk.rec.gardening!
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
Hi Kay and thanks for the info.

I am well aware of what a newsgroup is. I did not know that I was posting to a newsgroup as I did come here by and am posting at http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk.

All it says in the info on the website is:
Quote:
uk.rec.gardening is based in the British Isles for the discussion of gardening within those islands. Some here are quite experienced gardeners, others are (or were when they first joined urg) complete beginners.
Please accept my apologies to all you newsgroup'ers, I'll post any pictures via another link from my own server in future.

SO http://www.netstudio.org.uk/garden/greenhouse.jpg is the link for my original picture from my original post

Quote:
Any one know what make of greenhouse this is?

I've just gained it and want to replace a few of the glazing rubbers that are missing.

Where is the cheapest place to get spares?

I'm in a wheelchair and want to widden the door. Any one have a spare sliding door lying around ?? So I can get into it!!!

The picture attached is prior to removing and cleaning it but it shows its general shape and the type of glazing rubber fitted

BIG PLEASE for any information :-)