Old 09-05-2004, 08:07 PM
Sue da Nimm

Default Recommended hand tools

"Brian" wrote in message
Neverbend were the RR of garden tools. S&J bought them up some years ago[I
was told] and the quality remains as good. Their spades are a delight to

use
and 'ring' when used. Their stainless steel tools are well worth the
extra~~if only for cleaning and neglecting.
Controversially my first S&J stainless steel spade never rang true and
sounded dull. It eventually broke at a fault on the shaft. I phoned their
complaints dept. and was promised a free replacement.

Our fork also broke at the shaft just above the tines.
That was three years ago, not 25.
We didn't get three replacements.
We didn't get one.
They said we had misused it.