Old 09-05-2004, 08:08 PM
Brian

Default close encounters with the enemy

What a lovely incident and what a brave girl!
I'm sure most of us would have been near terrified at the time.
Whatever a SO is, did the photos show the event?
With admiration, Best wishes Brian.
"jane" wrote in message
There I was a couple of hours ago trying to get the lawnmower out and
suddenly I found the cat and I weren't alone in the garden. There was
a baby squirrel on the ground by the shed door. Squirrel saw cat, cat
saw squirrel. Squirrel decided I was the nearest safe haven, shot up
my trouser leg and next thing I knew was sitting on my shoulder.
Scaredy cat didn't want to know and my SO ran for a camera. Several
shots later the baby had worked round into my fleece hood (squacking
and tickling madly I might add) and ended up trying to burrow down the
back of the fleece under my hair.

Hysterical laughter from both humans didn't help!

Turned out (once we'd got it back on the shed roof without getting
bitten) that there were two of them; probably the dray was in the tree
above the shed and it was an unsupervised escape.

I may hate what the beggars do to my plants, but this really was a
scream.

:-)

--
jane