Old 09-05-2004, 11:07 PM
jane

Default close encounters with the enemy

On Sun, 9 May 2004 19:11:10 +0100, "Brian"
wrote:

~What a lovely incident and what a brave girl!
~ I'm sure most of us would have been near terrified at the time.
~Whatever a SO is, did the photos show the event?

Significant Other (aka fiance) :-)

And yes I've some rather funny photos. If I ever post them I'm sure
I'll get known as Long Jane Squirrel.

:-)

jane

~ With admiration, Best wishes Brian.
~"jane" wrote in message
~ There I was a couple of hours ago trying to get the lawnmower out and
~ suddenly I found the cat and I weren't alone in the garden. There was
~ a baby squirrel on the ground by the shed door. Squirrel saw cat, cat
~ saw squirrel. Squirrel decided I was the nearest safe haven, shot up
~ my trouser leg and next thing I knew was sitting on my shoulder.
~ Scaredy cat didn't want to know and my SO ran for a camera. Several
~ shots later the baby had worked round into my fleece hood (squacking
~ and tickling madly I might add) and ended up trying to burrow down the
~ back of the fleece under my hair.
~
~ Hysterical laughter from both humans didn't help!
~
~ Turned out (once we'd got it back on the shed roof without getting
~ bitten) that there were two of them; probably the dray was in the tree
~ above the shed and it was an unsupervised escape.
~
~ I may hate what the beggars do to my plants, but this really was a
~ scream.
~
~ :-)
~
~ --
~ jane
~
~ Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone,
~ you may still exist but you have ceased to live.
~ Mark Twain
~
~ Please remove onmaps from replies, thanks!
~
~

--
jane