Old 10-05-2004, 01:07 AM
Tumbleweed

Default ??Greenhouse??

"netstudio" wrote in message
s.com...
Tumbleweed wrote:
*"netstudio" wrote in
message
s.com...
Any one know what make of greenhouse this is?

snip
Do NOT attach pictures to posts in this group. Attachments such as
pictures
are specifically not allowed to any group that does not begin or
contain
'bin'. Most ISPs will delete your post because of that, most of the
rest
will delete the picture (thats what mine did), and for those that do
get to
see it most will ignore it since chances are it could be a virus.

Post a link to your picture on a web site somewhere.

--
Tumbleweed

Remove my socks for email address *

Hi Tumbleweed,
Got out of bed the wrong side I see ;-)

Not at all, I'm like that normally :-) In fact, maybe you even caught me on
a good day.

Well a * please* wouldn't hurt! I am member and also run / webmaster of
several websites and have been so for the past nine years (1995).

Well then, you should certainly know better by now :-)

It does say the following on the post/reply topic page
-ATTACH FILE:
MAXIMUM SIZE: 102400 BYTES
VALID FILE EXTENSIONS: GIF JPG PNG TXT ZIP BMP JPEG-

What is that? Are you using a web link to post? Ah yes
www.GardenBanter.co.uk

Well then I apolgise to you, www.GardenBanter.co.uk are the miscreants.
Apart from anything else, people who follow their advice will find their
messages dont appear on most ISPs servers, being deleted as potential
viruses or simply bad netiquette. 'bin' groups are for binaries, text (not
even html) is for everything else. Its astonishing that the people running a
web site posting to a newsgroup dont follow that.

Why don't you *-remove-* the link to attach files/picture if you don't
want any

Its not me dude, its the 'rules' (or perhaps practices is a better word) of
usenet (aka newsgroups). And I ant remove your link to add attachments can
I?
I only read your message because the attachment had been removed. Otherwise
I wouldnt read it because a high percentage of newsgroup messages with
attachments contained viruses, eventually the ISPs woke up to that fact and
started deleting them. My ISP only deleted the attachment which is quite
unusual, most would just have deleted the entire message. The person who
read your message took a chnace the attachment was a picture and not a
virus. Unless they were reading it on Linux maybe?

A picture can say a 1000 words when trying to explain and I am very
pleased with the response but it's a real shame you don't allow direct
pictures which is very easy for many people who don't have the facility
or now how to host their own pictures.

Then they will have to learn, there are many free ways of posting pictures,
and the price of that 'ease of use' was rampant viruses. Not to mention the
other reasons why it wasnt done in the first place.

I don't know any internet service providers (isp) that* don't* allow
if you have direct pictures /files .

Hmm, try posting to a few more non binary groups if you like being abused!
Of course, you can post to binary newsgroups anything you want.

May be its time for you to change?

Like I said, its not me, its usenet, thats why some groups have 'bin' in
them (for binary, aka attachments) and others dont.