Old 10-05-2004, 02:02 AM
James Mayer

Default Anybody have a Troy-Bilt Pony tiller?

On Sun, 09 May 2004 19:46:37 -0400, Gary Woods
wrote:

"Brian Barnson" wrote:

I've just bought one with no manual and I want to change the gear oil. Is
it just regular 90 wt or something more exotic.

My horse specifies straight 90 or 140-weight. Nothing goes very fast in
there... Troy Bilt always used to guarantee a user's manual to any current
owner; don't know if MTD (is it?) will continue that, but it's worth a try.
For another poster: The engine book won't help; we're talking about the
gearbox that powers wheels and tines.
Ah for the days when I could just drive less than hour over to Troy and get
parts off the shelf...

I believe the manuals are online. I got one for my 6 HP Horse
before I found the original. They used SAE 140 from the factory.