Old 10-05-2004, 06:10 AM
Alan Gould

Default What shop-bought vegetables should NOT be composted?

In article , Steve
Harris writes
Are there vegetable trimmings from the kitchen that you would NOT put on
your compost heap for fear of infecting your own produce?

A useful bit of gardening software at http://www.netservs.com/garden/

We don't use any purchased or manufactured waste foodstuffs for
composting - what little of those we may have are fed to our resident
family of moor-hens living on the island of our pond. We do compost any
waste from our own organic grown plants, mainly in the form of trimmings
at the time of picking.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.