Old 10-05-2004, 10:02 AM
Cereus-validus

Default No blooms on rose bush ?

Hmm.

Could it be the infamous "Rose of Denver"?

(A.K.A. Rhododendron)

"DXer" wrote in message

I just moved into a new home. There is a nice looking rose bush, it is

about
4 to 5' high so I would imagine it is not a new one at all.

I dont know much about rose bushes at all. There are no blooms or buds

on it
at all.

The leaves look fine, there are no signs of bugs or any type of disease.
I am in Colorado at an elevation of 5,600' if that matters at this time

of
year.

Should I be seeing buds or blooms at this time, and if so what could be

the
problem.
Any suggestions as to a fertilizer for it. I dont know the Ph of my soil

but
around here the soil is usually clay type. Not sandy.

Thank you