Old 10-05-2004, 01:04 PM
Sue Walsh

Default (&*#&($$# Blue Iris my eye

(JJ) wrote in message ...
Last Spring I picked up what I thought were Blue Iris from Home Depot.
I mean if the box says Blue Iris is it unreasonable of me to expect
the color blue? The box was stapled to the poly bag holding the
pot, plant and soil.

Well I guess these are those yellow invisible blue iris.

I have loads of yellow yellow iris and I was hoping that with some
blue iris I could make some green iris. (joking)

Oh well at least they were half price.

Jay

Color Rules of gardening (after many years of life education):

Color Rule #1: if you want a plant of a certain color the only way to
be sure is to see that plant in BLOOM and buy the one with the open
flower.

Color Rule #2: Never assume that the plant right next to it without
the flower opened is the same, people move plants around (and all the
plants in the nursery have a party every night after the nursery
closes and forget where to go back to in the morning), See rule #1.

Color Rule #3: Never believe a tag about flower color, people move
tags around, (and the plants at the above party trade business cards
so they can find their friends for the next party tommorow night), see
rule #1.

Color Rule #4: plants in boxes can be of any color, no matter what the
box says, packers make mistakes (actually at the above party 'musical
boxes' is a favorite game, which is a nursery version of musical
chairs, and a few missed the return to origial box call at the end of
the game), see rule #1.

Color Rule #5: If someone tells you 'this plant is the color you
want', but it is not in flower now, don't buy it, people have
different names for the same colors and perceive colors
differently,(my husband has no idea what 'aqua' relly is, he thinks
it's blue I know it's bluish-green, what do you thinkit is), see rule
#1.

Sue W