Old 10-05-2004, 01:08 PM
Kay Easton

Default unusual problem

In article , shannie
writes
Hi All,

Need lots of suggestions for solving this one please.We were supposed to
move house at the end of this summer but things have gone much quicker than
we thought and we're moving in 4/6 weeks. Tomatoes are nestling happily in
growbags and we have some canes in to support them. The greenhouse is to be
dismantled and reassembled and all it's contents are to be moved along with
it. However, as we thought we'd be at the end of the season we hadn't
forseen a problem but now we're not so sure. Moving the growbags should be
ok if we slide some timber underneath, but I think they're going to be too
tall with the canes to get through the door. I could take out the big ones
and put in smaller ones for the time being but Im not sure how big the
plants will be in 6 weeks time.

I'd suggest measuring greenhouse door, putting in some canes which will
allow you to get growbag plus canes out (remember to leave enough space
to get fingers underneath so no too tight a fit) and then restricting
growth to that for this year.

Or, you could put tall *and* short canes in, tie plants separately to
both, and if the worst comes to the worst, remove the tall canes leaving
the short ones in place and accept that you'll lose the top truss from
every plant. That way, you still have the full height if for any reason
the move is delayed.

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: