Old 10-05-2004, 02:03 PM
Nina Shishkoff

Default [IBC] Do Maples Need The Dark?

I was wondering if there's a problem with leaving
the grow lights on them all night.

There's the fast answer and the slow answer. For the slow answer, I'll have to do a literature search and see if there is any actual, bona-fide research that's been done on this. For the quick answer, I'll say I've heard people have had problems with lan
dscape trees that have spotlights trained on them; they turn color early. Some trees use long daylength as a cue to go dormant. Whether any of that matters in your case, I don't know. Stay tuned for the slow answer.......

Nina

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++