Old 10-05-2004, 04:02 PM
Gloria

Default salvia question

I'm in NE Alabama, zone 7. The salvia was in full bloom when I planted it
about 2 weeks ago, got it at Lowe's. There was no identification tag on it.
It's a nice size clump but most of the flower stalks are spent. I'm not
seeing much new growth, and the spent stalks are falling over so I was
wondering if I need to remove the spent flower stalks to encourage new
blooms. Thanks for the great link!

Gloria

"J Kolenovsky" wrote in message
Do you know what kind of Blue Salvia it is? Has it bloomed so far this
year? I'm in 9a in Houston. Where are you? (you should see the salvias
here now. From now to frost, they are stellar)

http://www.celestialhabitats.com

Gloria wrote:

I have some blue salvia, should I deadhead it? I've never grown salvia
before.

TIA,
Gloria

--