Old 10-05-2004, 07:11 PM
theoneflasehaddock

Default Use of the term "clon" in horticulture

Subject: Use of the term "clon" in horticulture
From: (Robert Dodier)
Date: 5/10/2004 11:43 AM Central Daylight Time
Hello,

I recall from a horticulture book that I would have
read around 1978 (how time flies!) that they used the
term "clon" to mean a tree or other plant that's propagated
by asexual reproduction. I think their examples were fruit
trees and the like. The book, if I recall correctly, was a
little out of date even then -- it might have been published
around 1960.

I've searched the web for "clon" but I can't find the term
at all (except in Spanish). I'm pretty sure I'm not imagining it.
Does anyone else remember "clon"? Print references would be
very helpful.

Thanks for your help,
Robert Dodier

They mean clone, not clon. Any asexual reproduction results in a plant which is
a clone of the parent being produced.

-

theoneflasehaddock